I’m an enthusiastic professional designer, developer and artist. I have 8 years commercial experience as a web designer, developer and software engineer, and have been developing websites and software personally since around 1998. I have also studied computing, fine art and graphics and enjoy creating and exhibiting traditional and digital art as well as music and fashion. I am quick to grasp new ideas or concepts and have a strong interest in reading about new developments and keeping up with the latest design trends and technologies.
Web Design Engineer
Add People Jun 2010 – Oct 2012
- Working in a large Internet Marketing company with a team of Designers, Developers and SEO specialists my role covers the design of websites for a large number of the company’s clients.
- The company specialised in providing Content Mangement System sites utilising either WordPress or Simple CMS and Ecommerce packages using Magento and Open Cart. I mainly worked creating designs as well as development work using these systems.
Web Designer / Developer
Complete Net Support Oct 2009 – May 2010
- Working with in-house developers and outsourced designers my role covered a variety of areas; ranging from design and print artwork to website design and development work.
- A large part of the websites designed in this role are focused on clients selling online on ecommerce sites, utilizing a variety of software such as OSCommerce, Digishop, ZenCart and Magento.
- As well as working as part of a team, this role requires a lot of individual work and the need to manage and plan work schedules and exercise my own creative knowledge when suitable.
Web Developer / Software Engineer
Software Systems Europe Ltd
- As part of a small development and support team delivering solutions to small and medium sized businesses, my role was mainly the design and development of websites and bespoke software for clients including manufacturing control, work study, furniture design, time and attendance, human resources and medical legal systems.
- This role involved visiting clients to consult their needs and plan specifications as well as give advice on how IT systems and websites would benefit their businesses. This has given me strong knowledge of how many different industries operate down to the finest detail, gaining the ability to adapt and provide solutions for any individual clients needs. Some examples include; clothing and textiles manufacturing, furniture design and manufacturing, food production and medical legal agencies.
- As part of the IT systems I was also required to provide server/network installation and maintenance, and training sessions for users on how to use the systems developed by the company.
- Upon visiting clients I travelled nationally and internationally to places such as Morocco, France, as well as all around the UK.
Webdesign / Graphics
HTML5, CSS3, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, PHPEdit
CMS / Ecommerce / Web Software
Wordpress, Magento, Opencart, SimpleCMS, Digishop, ZenCart, OSCommerce, ModX, Invision Board, Joomla
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access
Windows, Linux, Windows Server 2000/2003
Ashton Sixth Form College
Ashton-Under-Lyne, AS/A Levels 2002 – 2004
- Art and Design
- Graphics Products
- General Studies
West Hill School
Stalybridge, GCSE/GNVQ 1997 – 2002
- Travel and Tourism
- Religious Studies
- English Literature
- Graphic Products
- Art and Design